Finding your money, anywhere in the world.
Fraudsters and rogues are hide assets all over the world, and don’t cooperate with the law.
Recovering these assets requires planning, patience, and intense creativity:
- Applications compelling third parties to disclose information about the rogues
- Private search warrant applications
- Asset freeze applications
We have considerable experience in Canada with these and similar orders, and we rely on a network of lawyers around the world to take action in other countries.
International asset recovery files may involve:
- Collecting evidence around the world and building teams of lawyers in multiple jurisdictions
- Coordinating simultaneous court applications in multiple jurisdictions, such as asset freezing (Mareva injunctions), obtaining information (Norwich Pharmacal), or seizing computers (Anton Piller orders)
- Different standards in different jurisdictions, for the enforcement of foreign court orders, the admissibility of evidence, privilege, and substantive causes of action
- Foreign criminal proceedings
- Anti-bribery and anti-money laundering legislation from different jurisdictions
- Litigation financing