We are litigation lawyers in Vancouver focused on the resolution of complex business disputes. Our work is often innovative and sometimes on the leading edge of the law. We were counsel on Google v. Equustek, 2017 SCC 34, the leading case in the world on the court’s ability to control global content on the internet.
Our cases are rarely routine, and they are never repetitive. If you like routine, consistency, and high volume, this may not be the firm for you.
We are looking for an associate who can contribute to our work by:
- Providing thorough and insightful legal analysis, on a wide range of topics, expressed in clear writing.
- Taking responsibility for running their own commercial litigation files on a wide range of topics.
- Being part of the team in the office: collaborate with other lawyers and treat everyone with respect, including our clients, opposing parties, and each other.
- Helping launch a series of novel class actions that will contribute social value to the world.
This is a full-time position but we would consider part-time for the right applicant – we recognize that talented women in particular may be excluded from legal careers because of the challenge of balancing family and work in a traditional law firm model.
We are genuine and decent people. We treat everyone with respect, including our clients, opposing parties, and each other.
Our search is not focused on level of seniority, but on finding the right person to join the team.
- 3+ years litigation experience in a common law jurisdiction
- Membership in a Canadian Law Society
- file and project management
- clear and persuasive writing
- social skills
Desirable, but not necessary:
- international experience
- business, entrepreneurial, or social entrepreneurial experience
How to apply
Please submit the following to: email@example.com
- University transcripts
- A comprehensive cover letter outlining your abilities in each of the key skill areas noted above
We look forward to hearing from you.